What is your church doing to leverage Social Media? Here are just a few things to think about as you move into the age of technological evangelism.
- Podcasts – If you don’t do anything else here, do this! Podcasts are too easy for people to share with their friends.
- Blogging – Here’s how Athens Church (A North Point Strategic Partner) is using their blog to keep their congregation up to date on our renovation project. Click Here and make sure you scroll down to see the pics. Feel free to vote for the T-Shirt as well.
- Vlogging – (Video Blogging) If people see that you’re a real person they’re more likely to connect with you. Click Here to see my latest.
- Twitter – 7% of Americans are on Twitter (the real influencers like you and I). This is an easy way for you to add value to people every day. If you do it well people will feel more connected to you. FYI –Tweet stuff that matters.
- Facebook – 42.3% of Americans are on Facebook. 4 OUT OF 10 PEOPLE YOU ARE TRYING TO REACH ARE ON FACEBOOK. Somebody needs to be on this at your church. Click Here to like my Facebook Fan Page. (Keep in mind I have acceptance issues if you decide not to “like” me)
- Youtube – My church (North Point Community Church) does this well. Click Here to see what I’m talking about. See how easy that is to share?
- Be Human – Our biggest challenge in reaching the “lost” is to stop thinking of them as lost people and start thinking of them as “my neighbor Todd”. Using technology to bridge the gap between the people who love Jesus and “Todd” is THE most effective use of social media.
How is your church using social media to reach people? Even if you never comment on blogs, don’t be stingy with your ideas. Share the love Man!!! If you’d rather send an email and have me post it, you can get me at firstname.lastname@example.org